Great Blinds Website Terms & Conditions
1. About Us
www.greatblinds.co.uk is owned and operated by Beautiful Blinds Limited. Trading address; Unit 18, Invicta Way, Manston Business Centre, Ramsgate, Kent, CT12 5FD. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 0844 880 2084. Registered Office; Camburgh House, 27 New Dover Rd, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3DN. Registered in England and Wales Number 04783332. VAT number 983835078
If you need to contact us please use the email address or the trading address provided above.
2. Making a contract with us
2.1 When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order.
2.2 Once we have reviewed your order we will e-mail you again to confirm that we accept your order, and that a contract has been made between us.
2.3 In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this as quickly as possible using the contact information you have provided.
2.4 We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our fabrics and accessories that appear on this website. However, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the actual goods.
2.5 We offer a free sample service to enable you to view and feel the fabrics prior to placing your order. Whilst every effort is made to ensure blinds match our swatches, dye batches from our manufacturers may vary slightly from time to time.
2.6 Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all information provided is approximate and is provided in good faith.
2.7 This contract is covered by English law.
3. How to place order
3.1 You can use our website to place an order by building your personally designed, made to measure blind and adding it to your basket. Items you do not require can be removed from your basket at any time. If you prefer to order by telephone you can do so by calling 0844 880 2084.
3.2 Carriage charges will be displayed prior to you placing your order.
3.3 You will be required to pay for the goods in full at the time of ordering.
3.4 We use secure payment facilities for online purchases. You can pay for your order by Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal.
3.5 All prices quoted on our website are in UK pounds and include Value Added Tax at the current rate.
3.6 Once your order has been confirmed, changes may not be possible. Should you wish to amend an order, contact us directly by telephoning 0844 880 2084, and speaking to one of our customer services team. Please note that any changes may incur additional charges or delays.
3.7 Once your order is complete we will notify you of the dispatch date.
3.8 On receipt of your blind(s), should you need any product information or have any questions regarding your blinds please call us on 01843 608786 and we will endeavour to answer your queriy as efficiently as possible.
4. Delivery & Carriage Charges
4.1 With our made to measure blinds the production time can vary. As a general guide we aim to make all of our roller blinds, vertical blinds, wood venetian blinds and metal venetian blinds within 7 to 10 working days of receiving an order. Roman blinds and panel blinds can take up to 15 working days for production.
4.2 The delivery charge for all orders placed with Great Blinds with delivery to the mainland United Kingdom is £10. For areas outside of this geographical specification please contact us directly.
5. Compliance, Standards and Regulations
Beautiful Blinds Ltd fully supports the Make It Safe campaign of the British Blind and Shutter Association. Since its launch the Make It Safe campaign has pressed for safer window blinds and the promotion of safety for all window treatments.
You can rest assured that when you purchase from us, we will supply only fully compliant products which are either inherently safe by design, or, which have a safety device supplied with it to ensure its safe operation.
If fitting the blinds yourself always read the fitting instructions and use the safety device supplied. If you are using a professional fitter they are obliged by law to fit the safety device for you if one is supplied with your chosen blind.
The Make It Safe campaign has seen:
- The BBSA taking a lead role in the development of the European standards for window blinds specifically concerning child safety
- The creation and promotion of a website, retail promotional materials and internationally recognised videos promoting safer window treatments
- The provision of expert advice to regulators and those responsible for standard development, as well as assisting media and established safety organisations to appropriately promote safer window blinds
- The insistence of early adoption of safety regulations by all of its membership
The Make It Safe campaign is endorsed by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) and the Child Accident Prevent Trust (CAPT) and referenced by many other organisations.
It is the legal responsibility on all suppliers and professional installers to:
- Provide safety devices to reduce the risk of cords or chains forming a hazardous loop
- Test all safety critical items of internal blinds
- Test blinds using safety devices
- Observe maximum cord and chain lengths
- Provide specific warnings and instructions
- Provide information on packaging and at point of sale
- Fit safety devices when professionally installing blinds
Beautiful Blinds Limited is compliant with the child safety requirements of BS EN 13120.
There are extensive ranges of products that are safe by design, meaning that they do not use operating cords or chains or have concealed or tensioned cords. We strongly recommend that these products are always considered first when you are buying new blinds for homes or public buildings.
If you require blinds that have operating cords or chains please note the new regulations will mean cord and chain lengths are determined by the European standard, and where a safety device is needed it should be fitted as directed in the instructions.
Making existing blinds safer
There are a range of safety devices which have been tested to the new mandatory standards and can help make existing blinds safer. There are options for virtually every style of blind so you do not have to wait until you change your blind to make it safer.
General safety advice
- If fitting blinds yourself, please make sure that you follow the installation instructions carefully and make sure any safety devices supplied are correctly installed
- Do not place your child’s cot, bed, highchair or playpen near to a window blind
- Make sure all cords and chains are always secured out of reach of babies and young children
- Do not tie cords or chains together. Make sure cords or chains do not twist and create a loop.
- Do not put other furniture near to a window blind as children love to climb
Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘Beautiful Blinds Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Camburgh House, 27. New Dover Rd, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3DN. Our company registration number is 04783332. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The use of this website is subject to the following terms:
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- This website uses Google Analytics cookies to monitor browsing preferences.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.